Monday, October 28, 2013

In the Bag

So in case any of my readers were wondering how we fared at the 48 Hour Film Project Awards which happened on Thursday night, I'm pleased to give you this update. We won. Yes we did. Best Film, in the bag. That means our film is going on to be shown at the New Orleans Filmapalooza festival next year where the judges selection of best films to emerge from the competition from around the globe will all be shown. From there the top ten go on to Cannes Film Festival, and the best film of 2013 is announced too. I don't want to get my hopes too high, but I feel like we have some kind of shot. Our film is breathtaking, I beam with pride every time I get to see it.

Here's a list of the awards we got to take home:
Best Picture
Best Film - Audience Choice
Best Director
Best Producer
Best Actor
Best Visual Effects
Best Editor
Best Production Design (that's me!)
Best use of given line of dialogue ("You gonna learn.")
Best use of given character (Neil Msimang - stylist)

What an honor, thanks to Jesus for giving me the opportunity to be involved in something so phenomenal. Let's all hold thumbs for a good run at Filmapalooza now.

Watch the film here: http://vimeo.com/77905389



No comments:

Post a Comment