Friday, January 17, 2014

many many happy days

I happened across this amazing project the other day. It's called 100 Happy Days, and the concept is this: Can you identify one happy moment, every day for a hundred days in a row? The challenge: Document your journey. Take a photo representing your happy moment every day and upload it to the web with the hashtag #100happydays. I love the idea so much that I didn't hesitate to sign up. I might even push mine to a year of happy days. Why stop at a hundred? That's the thing I guess, I love Jesus, so there should be joy every day, it's a given. Even on the really lame days.

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
 - Psalm 16:11

I'm very aware that at some point this "challenge" might actually become exactly that. And there's the point. On the toughest of days, will I still turn around and go, "No ways, my joy is complete in God!", take a photo of the nearest flower and carry on going? I hope I can. Because now everyone who reads this will be holding me to it.


So far I've had a Tuesday power out with a phone call to say I can work from home, a visit from a grumpy tortoise and a cheese grater from some special friends (because in my new kitchen I have cheese but no grater.) Today is day four. I can't wait to find out what today's moment will be, I can't wait to fall in love with life all over again. Are you joining me on the journey? Let's find the joy together!



Shar-Lee Jessica

If you're keen to see what happy moments the next ninety-six days have in store for me, here is the link to my Instagram. Send me yours so I can see your journey too!


No comments:

Post a Comment